Our Three Kids

Our Three Kids

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Potty on dude!"

I guess the monkey had to go too!
If anyone has experience with little boys, please let me know what works!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

waiting til they're ready... honestly. took cameron until he was almost 4 to poop on the toilet. and wasn't pottying til 3 1/2. i know it's depressing. he still struggles sometimes too. ugh! but waiting til they are ready and you don't have to fight them about it is so much better for them and you!

MAH said...

Yep, wait until the are ready. And it may take some time. Spencer was three when he started. He got the peeing down great, but took him six months to get the other one down. Zach has been harder with it all. We have been potty training for about 7 months. He is starting to get it and only has accidents every now and again. Mostly at night. We found with Spencer toys for staying dry worked (we usually made him work up to them like a week of staying clean) or with Zachary we had to keep toys, candy, pennies and let him choose what he wanted as a prize. Then eventually you can get them off the prizes. Every child is different and different things work. Good luck!

Sheena said...

Good luck! I have heard it's hard. But, I will be asking you for pointers in a couple of years...

What about the star chart? Every time they go they put a star on the potty chart. I think there are more details to it than that, but that's what I can recall now.