Our Three Kids

Our Three Kids

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Stayin' Alive

We are here, barely. It's been a long month full of fun and sickness. We started out with a week long trip to Bozeman. Val's brothers Robert (and fam) and Seth live there. Val worked with the guys, and was able to beat the whole shop crew at a fast track of go-kart racing. I got to hang out with Jane and the kids, went to pre-school and gymnastics with Ryann, and helped decorate Silas's room with "Elmo" stuff. I was also able to visit a grand-uncle who has a barbershop downtown. It was great fun!

Jane made this Cincinnati Chili for dinner one night. Its a different tasting type of chili that you eat like spaghetti, or over a hot dog. So yummy! Smells great, and tastes even better. I found a recipe online, be brave and give it a try. It even has chocolate in it!

Val came home with a car packed full of baby stuff from Jane. Crib, toys, and plenty of clothes for many kids to come. Thanks a million!

That weekend Faren blessed their baby Simon in Driggs. Good food, good times, no pics! But, here is a cute one of Jack. I then came home while Val spent another week in Bozeman. We all were sick that week.

Now, a friend here in Bancroft had a baby while we were gone. We stayed our distance while sick, then when Val came home we decided to go see their little newborn (not knowing that her four children were sick). Their little one ended up being life-flighted to SLC with RSV. A few days later Jack came down with something, I had him checked out, and sure enough-he has it too. We are watching him closely hoping it won't get serious. So far, he seems to just have a miserable cold. Can't wait for summer! Here he is trying to be happy on Easter.

3 comments:

Lataun said...

Meg,

Hope Jack Jack is ok. That is scary stuff. Watch him close. Talk to you soon.

Taun

The Carey's said...

I didn't know Jack got it. Hopefully he stays ok.

Sheena said...

Hey Megs,
Hope that Jack is doing better! We missed seeing you guys at home. Take care and I'll talk to you soon.
Love ya,
Sheena